At Southside Medical Care, we offer adult vaccines only. Vaccines are injections (shots), liquids, pills, or nasal sprays that you take to teach your body's immune system to recognize and defend against harmful germs. For example, there are vaccines to protect against
- Viruses, like the ones that cause the flu and COVID-19
- Bacteria, including tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis
Vaccines Administered at Southside Medical Care
- Flu: The CDC recommends annual influenza vaccination for everyone 6 months and older.
- Tetanus: The tetanus booster is recommended every 10 years for people 7 years or older who have had the tetanus vaccine.
- Shingles: The CDC recommeded 2 doses of Shingrix for adults 50 years and older.
- 1 dose of PPSV23 is recommended for adults 65 years and older without immunocompromising conditions, cerebrospinal fluid leaks, or cochlear implants.
- PCV13 is recommended for all adults 19 years of age or older with immunocompromising conditions, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leaks, or cochlear implants.
- For adults 65 years and older without immunocompromising conditions, cerebrospinal fluid leaks, or cochlear implants AND who want both PPSV23 and PCV13, the CDC recommends administering 1 dose of PCV13 first then 1 dose of PPSV23 at least 1 year later.
Adult Immunization Schedule
Below, find the immunization schedule for adults as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.